Hello All, Grace and Peace be to you from our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
During the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, sometimes we can forget to celebrate JESUS. Do you spend more time shopping for gifts, preparing dinners, going to parties, decorating your home, than you reflect on the hope that came into the world? If you do, then I have a list of idea's to help you truly celebrate CHRIST.
1. Give GOD one very special gift from you to HIM. (Give up something, forgive someone, spend time with GOD, etc.)
2. Set aside time to read the true Christmas story.
3. Set up a nativity scene in your home.
4. Plan a project of good will.
5. Send cards with a spiritual message.
6. Memorize Luke 2 as a family.
7. Take goodies to friends and neighbors with an invitation to a special service.
8. Invite someone who is alone for Christmas dinner.
9. Bake a birthday cake for JESUS and sing to HIM.
10. Have "Legend of the Candy Cane" candy canes in a basket by your front door to give to guests.
11. Have your children participate in a church play.
12. Read Luke 2 before opening gifts.
13. Hang a stocking for JESUS- have each family member put in a paper with their gift to JESUS written on it.
14. Give a special "Birthday Offering" for JESUS.
15. Participate in a charitable activity.
16. Play or sing Christmas music pertaining to JESUS.
Here are a few idea's, but I know you can come up with some yourself. Have fun this season, but remember to put JESUS first, and make this season about HIM.
GOD bless you all!