Death

Hello All, grace and peace be to you all. I did not get to post yesterday because we had a death in the family. My cousin was shot and killed in a parking lot walking to his car. The authorities believe it was an intentional hit on his life. Why? We do not know. His death has me thinking about how fragile life is. We could go at any time. Life is not a guarantee... although death certainly is. It will happen to all of us at some point. So, do you know what happens when you die? What do you believe happens when a person takes their final breath on earth? Some of you know exactly what happens and where you will go, but some of you probably do not. Maybe you have never thought about death much or maybe you think about it all the time and it paralyzes you.
In my past before I began my life with CHRIST, I should have been extremely afraid of death, but I was not. I was living a life far from GOD and I was not thinking of any wrath to come. I was living a life that was self destructive. I was hooked on drugs, alcohol and I put myself in dangerous situations by being around some scary people who did not play. I was busy living my life (high) to be scared of death, but I should have been. If I would have died then, it would have been in my sin and I would be in the lake of fire right now. To think about me in hell forever scares me! I know now that I have HEAVEN as my home. How do I know? I know the SAVIOR! I met HIM February 22, 1997. It was the best day of my life. I stepped out on Faith and asked JESUS to forgive me and to help me live according to the way HE wants me too. I felt HIM there with me. HE has revealed HIMSELF to me in different ways over the years and I know that what the BIBLE says is the TRUTH. I believe in the fact that I had committed crimes (sin) against GOD and was on my way to the lake of fire. I believe that when I confessed my sin to HIM and believed HE was raised from the dead, I was saved. Romans 10:9-13 says...
That if you confess with your mouth the LORD JESUS and believe in your heart that GOD has raised HIM from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. For the SCRIPTURE says, "Whoever believes on HIM will not be put to shame." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same LORD over all is rich to all who call upon HIM. For whoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.
I am not sure where my cousin is. I am not sure if he believed that GOD raised JESUS from the dead or in GOD at all. It hurts me to think that I am so far away from my family and I could not tell him of the good news of JESUS. I wish I would have told him, I hope GOD sent someone else to tell him. That is why it is my mission to be trained in the scripture and to take it to the street to tell everyone.
JESUS has risen from the grave, HE conquered death for us all. HE paid our fine to keep us from going to eternal flames. So, when we die in our flesh we can go to HIS KINGDOM to live forever. HE arose and we will too...if you trust in HIM as your SAVIOR. I hope you accept HIM before you take your final breath on earth.

2 comments:

My condolence. You're right our life for the meantime isn't a guarantee, yet, one thing I know for sure whatever you believe in, just do good and be happy without the expense of other people's sake.
GOD BLESS!!

January 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

Thanks for sharing this important message on your blog in such a meaningful way. My condolences to your and your family though. It's always hard when we lose members of our family, especially if we are not sure they know the Lord Jesus, but hopefully God did send someone to them in time. I am so grateful I came to know the Lord early in life--around age 7!

January 14, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds