Love Believes all things

Hello All, Grace and Peace be to you from JESUS CHRIST our LORD and SAVIOR.

I found this great devotion from a "Our Daily Bread" book. It was a reminder to me, and I believe we all need to be reminded of this truth. I am going to type verbatim from the book. GOD bless you all! Happy Sunday!

It was 40 years ago or more that I observed a friend of mine showing great affection for someone I considered unworthy of love. I thought my friend was being taken in, and I was afraid he would be disillusioned and saddened in the end.

When I expressed my concern, he replied, "When I stand before my LORD, I hope HE will say of me that I've loved too many, rather than too few." I've never forgotten his words.

Paul insists that "[Love] believes all things" (1Corinthians 13:7). Love "believes" in people. It can see the potential in them. It believes that GOD can take the most unattractive and unworthy individual and turn that person into a masterpiece of beauty and grace. If love errs, it must err in the way of trustfulness and hopefulness.

Certainly we must be aware of danger when we see it coming, and become "as wise as serpents" (Matthew 10:16). Tough love may be the best response to irresponsible and foolish people, but we can be too guarded, too wary and distrustful.

It doesn't do us any real harm to be hoodwinked and defrauded (Matthew 5:38-48). It's better to believe in someone and have your heart broken than to have no heart at all. British poet Alfred Tennyson wrote, "'Tis better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all."

~David Roper~ Our Daily Bread

Lord,
Help us to believe in people and all that in them YOU can do, so we can say we've loved too many, ranther than too few.

Love looks beyond what people are to what they can become.

1 comments:

May we Love others the same way God loved us. May we see them through God's eyes of compassion and care!

September 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds